Tuesday 21 May 2013

Love Lust Faith + Dreams

... is the title of the brand new 30 Seconds to Mars album, out today. I pre-ordered it two months or so ago, been awaiting this bad boy for some time. Currently having my first ever listen, knowing how much I will listen to it, it's an odd thing to de-virginise yourself with a pre-conceived notion of not caring what you hear, because even if you don't like it, one day you'll love it. Best example of this is 'Stranger in a strange land' from This Is War. Hated it at first. Now, one of my favourite 30stm songs.

Love, Lust, Faith and Dreams. Jared is always vague when it comes to art - his films, his music and his music videos are all made purposefully obscure so that anyone can connect with it in a billion different ways. The album title is typical vague Leto style, but it hits a nerve with me. These four things have been missing from my life for too long - if Dreams is taken as ambitions, not actual dreams, as I always have those bad boys - and this album reminds me that I want those things back. They are worth fighting for.


I'm fighting for my life. I'm fighting to get my life back. I fought with myself between april 18th and may 16th, trying to get an already late essay done, not just handing in a piece of shit, and I fought, and I asked for an extension and did all the appropriate things to keep myself on track and today I picked it up from the Hub and I got a 70 for it. Sometimes, if I kick myself hard enough, I remember that life is worth fighting for, because when it comes down to it, I can achieve things. I can do well.

My 'dissertation' sounds too clinical. I want to call it my baby, my art-form, my incarnation of my soul.

I'm going to get my drive back, get the blood pumping in these veins again, and do myself justice.

And then I'm going to party like it's 1999.