Thursday 7 October 2010

Anger leads to hate, which leads to... something

I can't honestly say I'm the happiest person in the world. And I know that more so than the normal person, I feel anger. I get angry when I'm playing crash bandicoot; I get angry just by looking at myself sometimes; I'm very quick to snap and I am easily provoked, hence one of my boyfriend's favourite games is to wind me up. And the people around me know this too. Some say I got so angry at a club that I stood up, pushed over a table, flipped off my friends and stormed off. Truth be told, I stood up too quickly, the table was in my way so got a bit of a nudge from the thighs, and when someone asked where I was going I mimed the action for 'drink'. They don't believe me, but its the truth whether they like it or not. Digression aside, people know how angry and frustrated and royally pissed off I can get, yet they still believe the right thing to do is poke the sleeping bear. And laugh when it swipes out. And poke the bear, and laugh some more, and poke some more, and pokey pokey oh the freaking hokey cokey, the bear lashes out to smack them back. And whatever angry come back is used, said poker recoils, horrified, hurt, bruised and accusing, and calls the bear mean, rude, unjustified and a bitch. Now I know, there's two sides to every story. But God damn it, I am always aware of how hurtful little things can be. I am super-sensitive to anything a little bit prejudiced, and I have been on the receiving side of all the taunts and jeers since I was like 4. Not to say I was bullied, I wouldn't count it as that, I just have three siblings slightly older than myself. But to those of you who claim to have been bullied, yet are totally happy to be the bullier when something is a little bit funny, and you can join in the laughter too - fuck you. Fuck fucking you, because it's a waste of time. I love my friends, I really do, but hypocrisy is not something I enjoy being near or part of. So take your awesomely witty jokes elsewhere, because you poke this bear one more time and you'll feel the lightning strikes.