Saturday 26 February 2011

Lists and lists of everything...

I've got a fair few lists constantly churning in my head. Shopping lists, to-do lists, work schedules, etc etc. But there's a few others which I try to remember specifically, like all 44 American Presidents, all 195 countries of the world, and the capital cities; all 50 states of the US plus their capital cities... and some random new words, but that list isn't completed, or organized, at all.

But my personal lists are my favourite. Things which I can rank. Here's just a selection:

'Top Celebrity Women' (this is both who I'd like to be, and who I'd like to be with)
1: Eliza Dushku
2: Erica Durance
3: Cobie Smulders
4: Allison Mack
5: Emma Watson
6: (joint) Sarah Chalke / Elisha Cuthbert
8: Beyonce
9: Alyson Hannigan
10: Diana Agron

(some constantly change, like positions 5,6 and 7 - and position 10)

'Top Male Celebrities' (just who I'd like to be with. I'm shallow, I know)
1: Zac Efron
2: Jared Leto
3: Jake Gyllenhaal
4: Josh Hartnett
5: Ryan Reynolds

(from 6 to 20 I have no real preference of who goes where... top 5 is pretty important though!)

Favourite Films (for whatever reason) of all time:
1: The History Boys
2: High School Musical 3
3: Donnie Darko
4: Moulin Rouge
5: Saw

And most recently I've been thinking about TV shows: this could easily change, but for now, here's how it stands:

First, shows that no longer air:
1: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
2: Friends
3: Jonathan Creek
4: Doctor Who (with David Tennant)
5: The X Files (only recently discovered it's not as terrifying as I remembered, from being 7)

Second, still airing:
1: Glee & Misfits (its joint, because having just Glee would be a bit embarassing)
3: How I Met Your Mother
4: Smallville
5: Californication
6: The Big Bang Theory
7: Skins (although not up to date, so probably belongs in the list above!)

Have kind of run out.... but I am on a mission to watch more Tv. And Firefly. But first, 10 seasons of Smallville - I've got some catching up to do!

I think it's important to know your favourite things: every day you should incorporate something you love into the rest of your life: if it's having porridge for breakfast (absolute yummers!) or writing an essay on The History Boys, I think true passion and joy go hand in hand with excelling and success.

It's also good to enjoy the company of your friends and loved ones. If you don't - ignoring the obvious problem of 'you weirdo' - then your potential to be happy is thwarted. So take your happiness with you, where ever you go, and let your happiness shine!