Sunday 13 March 2011

Simon says...

If you could have one ultimate power, what would it be?
 I think mine would be to do with the truth. I hate knowing that someone is lying to you, but not knowing why, or what it is they are covering up. That would be a useful power. I would however end up which a lot more rage, as I'm sure most people lie by accident, or in a non-spiteful way most of the time. It's the other twat-bags, who lie purposefully, that I'd do it for.

I have said for a very long time that love is not something you ever stop doing. If you love someone (as a friend, or as more, whichever), it won't ever go away. Which is why it's so easy to 'hate' someone who used to be a friend. Physics teaches us that energy can never be destroyed; kinetic energy can be transferred into nuclear energy etc, but none is ever lost completely. I think the same principle applies for love. That emotion will never cease. You can switch it with anger, with disappointment, with hate, with lust, with jealousy... with anything, but you can never just turn off those emotions. In that sense, I am still in love with a lot of people. But not being someone's other half limits how this energy can be used, so I try help, sometimes to my own demise, and I try to encourage, support, lend a hand etc whenever I can. But sometimes, when you have to make a snap decision, between two people, neither of whom realise you're making the decision, a lot boils down to love.

I realized last night that I have very little love left for some of my friends. I think, unlike the previous metaphor, that this is due to abuse. If you love someone, and they never reciprocate those feelings, your emotions get a bit jolted. Worse still, if you love someone that used to love you, but now just takes you for advantage, uses your generosity and good-will against you, and ultimately makes you feel like the gross fly that landed on a pile of dog shit and is now stuck on the sole of someone's shoe, wedged between dog shit and the last victim who got stood on - only when all this happens, does love deteriorate. Like the oil, it's just being sucked dry. One day, they'll be so little left that they will finally realize just what they've done. They'll shoot themselves in the foot because there is no substitute for oil. This planet is so unprepared for the day we run out of oil.

So, long story short, I am oil, I'm not going to be around forever, so while I am here, the best thing you could do for me is tell the truth.

Either that or someone could go jigsaw on their ass; if she survives, she might actually learn something.