Tuesday 18 September 2012

A Year Ago Today...

It was this week, possibly this date, can't remember exactly, that I started working for Molly Maid.

So I have been working as a cleaner for a whole year now.

Jesus Christ.


Also, I have a weird thing I like doing - when a friend sends me a message on facebook, I scroll right to the top of the messages, and read the whole way down. This is extremely funny with people like Sam, as our conversations are always hilarious, and then months / a year or so can pass with nothing, then they start up again like no time passed. And I just did it with Maria, and it's hilarious that most of them are just little things, like us discussing going to the gym, or laughing about adam or tim, or her sending me things to print off. But it makes me so sad that its all gone now. Living in our flats was so much fun, and I think I forgot to appreciate all the privileges, all the independent happy moments and all the purely simple things like cooking with a friend, having someone to come home to, and that amazing feeling of friends becoming family. I miss them. My old family. I miss the people I would speak to every day. And I hope they know how much I will cherish those memories.

Lastly, I'm home with my Dad all week, as Mum's on holiday. I'm cleaning up constantly, the builders (basically live here now) drink more tea than we have mugs for, and its freezing. Autumn is settling in the home, and with it comes a chill only my heart feels: the loneliness of winter, particularly Christmas, when mirrored with last year.

As a good friend once told me to remember, through thick and thin, "this too shall pass".