Sunday 30 September 2012

Masters of Art

Tomorrow it begins. Tomorrow I sit through my first screening. Tomorrow I have a seminar and a lecture. Tomorrow, I dive into the deep pool of being a Masters student, terrifying and beautiful as it is.

I want this day to last forever, and I want tomorrow to be over and done with already. I am so aware of my own failings and fumblings and I keep making an arse out of myself around people I know, I don't know how I'm going to manage it with people I don't know.

On a good note, have thoroughly enjoyed having Maria with me this week, and I hope that I can visit her in Oxford sometime in the next month, and if / when she's in Italy, I am definitely on a plane to see her. I'd really love for all my friends to move to different exciting cities and countries for a few months, just so I can come visit. That alright?

Also, this country freaks me out sometimes. Norwich at 9am on a sunday is so quiet, so still, and so very empty. It really caught me by surprise. I never see Norwich like that anymore, and it took me back to school days, and I realised that tomorrow will be just like school days combined with uni days. With a car. And no friends. Sigh.

It's fine, these are just nerves talking. 'This too shall pass'.