Monday 29 August 2011

Hierarchy vs. Anarchy


Tell me that reality is better than the dream.
Tell me what I want to hear, otherwise I’ll scream.
Tell me I’m the best of us, the best of everything.
Tell me all, I will believe, my ego is a queen.
Stop.
Listen.
For just a second.
Wait for it,
let it click,
hear the tick,
a mind trick,
a heart’s slip,
as in that moment you lost everything.

Take one second,
Stop and stare.
All your problems,
They don’t care.
Each eye you see has been crying
Each face you see has felt more pain.
Yet in this prison you keep dying
For when we bleed, we bleed the same.
And in your hopeless heart race
In this body that has no face
In this danger that knows no place
You’ll feel the same, feel the disgrace.

Trust me, I’m not a doctor,
And I can fill this world with blood.
Lets tear it down
And burn this town
Steal their crowns
And watch them drown

But fire and water isn’t enough.