Tuesday 23 August 2011

Is 'blog' a verb in the dictionary now?

Firstly, to all those people who I follow, blog-wise, except of course for Martin - you're all shit. I know that most of you are still unemployed, so you have NO EXCUSE. It's the most simple, mundane of writing tasks. COME ON!

So, anyway... Motivation is lacking. That positive feeling is no where to be felt. I feel like the world isn't agreeing with me much anymore. I feel a bit lost, as I don't know what I want right now. I know what I want in the next few years: 2014 is the big America trip which my wife recently tagged in on. 2012 I might try do a teacher-training course, bit of back-up, as I've missed the deadlines for starting this September. That gives me two years to hopefully earn the money for said America trip. Whilst in the US I can decide where I really want to live: California, Calgary, Ca...Canberra? Really, where in the world I want to be. So until then, I can just live, work hard, play hard, all that jazz. Except right now, I don't feel it. I feel like I should be writing brilliant short stories every day, and apply to every competition and doing all I can to get myself out there - instead I'm running out of money VERY fast, and this constant threat of my parent's business slowly reclining as they prepare themselves for old age by renting out our garage and field, I feel like I might not have Burger Vanning as a back-up soon... Which is really adding to the pressure of getting a job, which I still can't focus my energy on completely because I'm so sick of catering, theaters are BASTARDS, as one is already 'fully hired', one literally refused my CV because everything is online, and the other smaller ones are probably voluntary positions to start, so that's no help. GOSH DARN IT, why is life so confusing? I want to just play Assassin's Creed until these problems just melt away...