Thursday 10 May 2012

Come Clean

Today, I started my adaptation of the book 'Come Clean'. It's a book I just saw one day, looking at me on a shelf in Waterstones, I read the blurb and thought 'yeah, this is a good use of the £6 I have in my purse'. It is a really bizarre story, and a very amazingly written story of two different things - one girl having to deal with a wrong accusation, timed perfectly with the story of that girl and her brother growing up. It's perfect, in my head, it's like this perfect little circle and it's so emotive, there are so many striking and fucking memorable images that I am really excited about writing it. Hollywood can't make a sequel out of it either, so HA. And it would be utterly pointless in 3D. It's about story, and I will be really nice to get dug in.

This does mean that Impressions is officially 'pending', I am not working on it, but one day I will finish it. Episode three is a bigger bitch than one and two, for a multitude of reasons, and I hope that one day I can turn around with a fresh eye and think 'scrap half of it, I know what to do with it now'. But for now, I need to let it rest. For now, Dali feels too young for my head to get into. Her problems and woes are far from anything I can think of right now, so we're not meshing well. We've had a small falling out, but I'm sure that there is more to our relationship than this; there's always more to come.

I don't know how long it will take me, but I want to do it justice. So today is the beginning of the Come Clean adventure.