Thursday 8 September 2011

93 million miles

Sometimes I feel like life/fate/the universe/ god / the devil / whatever is out to get me. Sometimes it feels like everything I do, no matter how hard I try, I still get nothing in return. Like, I'm screaming bloody murder at this universe, asking for something, anything, and I don't even get a response.

I've been on two epic job-hunting sessions around Brighton. The first I got a random call, went to London the next day, 'wowed' the people there and they told me they'd set up an interview, be it a phone or group interview, they wouldn't know. That was two weeks ago. I've heard nothing. Then, I go out, I hand out CVs, I look online, I find a job, I phone them up, she sounds keen, she posts me an application form, and still, no phone call, no setting up of things, I feel like I'm not getting anywhere, I'm not progressing as much as I should be with all the efforts I've put in, and at the end of the day, it's so de-motivating. Waking up in the morning to just expect a phone call is ridiculous.

And on top of all of that, emotions are driving me insane recently. It's just a hormone thing, but I genuinely don't understand how my body can determine how my head is reacting and feeling to things. Biology confounds me. Another reason why life would be much easier as a Sim....