Sunday 8 January 2012

Just Another Year

A few nights ago I had a dream in which I was Charlie Simpson's girlfriend. It was pretty amazing; very short, and I won't go into the gory details, but it was very idealistic. I joke with my boyfriend that my goal in life is to be with Charlie, and my boyfriend says "but he smokes, you hate smokers, he's not as perfect as you think" and things along those lines. Of course he's not perfect. I don't really want him to be perfect, because anyone that tries to be perfect has something incredibly weird wrong with them. Zac Efron is the nearest thing to perfect, in my eyes, because I know that he is 'sold' in that way. Perfection is not a communal belief. To me, perfection is happiness, having dreams and goals, and doing everything in your own power to create the world you want to live in, and be the person that you want to be. Gandhi once said "be the change you wish to see in the world", and I hope to live by this notion. If you think the world needs to be more athletic, then try to make it - stop complaining about obesity and try tackle it yourself. I don't know how much power or sway I'm going to have in this world, but I want to use what I've got to make the world a better place, bit by bit, starting with me.

No new year's resolutions this time. I have stopped eating chocolate like a monster, and I'm exercising more, but these are things that I continually fluctuate throughout the year. That's just me, and my addiction to chocolate fighting head to head with my insecurities / hatred of my belly. It's a hard life, but I manage somehow!

So for now, don't bother seeing each year as a new start, see each day as one. Every day can be a miracle if you want it, let it, and hope for it enough.