Sunday 29 January 2012

Making my mind up!

I've been dealing with lots of decisions to make over the past few weeks, and some have been concluded in an instant, others are still in the flux of decision now. I have changed my mind about twenty times this week, and luckily the week ends in 3 and a half hours, so I'll wait until the morning to think about it any further.

I have handed in my notice at work, due to leave midway through April, and all seems pretty crystal clear and good job done for that part. But it's the next bit I'm struggling with - the uncertainty of having to find a job, and what job, and where that job might be, and how much money it will make me therefore where I can afford to live... A lot cannot be decided yet, and a lot cannot be known until I throw myself into the metaphorical deep end in April.

So, life is a very uncertain, hazy-looking horizon to me right now, and it's both refreshing and nerve wracking. But if I keep believing in myself, trying my hardest and doing all I can to be what I want to be, life/God/the universe will give me a sign. The sign might be 'give up and go home', or it might be more than that - only I can create my destiny, so I'm going to give it my all.