Monday 16 January 2012

We were the victims of ourselves

Think of something that you want to do. How hard is it to achieve? Think of all those steps you'd take to achieve it, and then think of how else to get there. Bend the rules, because you create your own destiny.

We are only what we make of ourselves. We are not pulled up to achievements, nor are we forced into our failures. Just do exactly what you can, do exactly as you please, and don't listen to the people who try to tell you otherwise.

I've decided that instead of religion or hope or the afterlife, all my hope and belief will be channeled into myself. I need to believe in myself, trust that I am able to achieve exactly what I want in life, and only then will I be happy to take the huge risks that loom on the horizon. I will tell myself this every day, quite like praying, but more self-motivating and justifying.

Tomorrow I will write an essay for the first time in about nine months. How daunting.