Wednesday 17 July 2013

The Other Henry

I sat in my car for almost an hour chatting with a friend last night. It was gone 1am, and we were mainly discussing mutual friends and their bizarre relationships, but some real issues and thoughts were touched upon. How can men and women be just friends? There are certain lines that cannot be crossed, and certain conventions that must be upheld, but it is possible, it just depends upon the people. And this friend with whom I spoke, asked me a question which I couldn't really truthfully answer. He asked me how I felt about someone, and the answer I gave him was honest, just confused, as I truthfully am. And now, this morning, I feel better for having been asked that question. And I want to thank that friend for asking me, but I know that he'd have no idea why I was thanking him, or what it really all means.

So instead, I will write this short ode: to Henry, for being a blunt guy; for always just saying what he thinks, telling it as it is, and for somehow knowing that of all of Ben's friends who I would also call my own friends, that he is actually the easiest to talk to, despite knowing him for the shortest amount of time.